Here’s some great news I’m pleased to pass on following the Committee’s
meeting on Tuesday.
Danielle will be starting lunchtime snacks again from this Friday (tomorrow
the 31 July) and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday each week. Serving from
12 till 2.30pm. You can order through WhatsApp (download the App) and use
mobile number 07841 815047. There will be a selection of fresh sandwiches &
toasties, bar snacks and home-made carrot cake. Danielle will have a menu
written up tomorrow. All orders will be brought to your table. As you
know, the Club is not accepting cash for any transactions, so when your food
arrives please pay by contactless card .Danielle has her own card machine
which will make things relatively easy. Please give Danielle your support
as she hasn’t been able to provide food for the Club since lockdown and will
be pleased to see you all again. More….. Danielle has also agreed to
provide Snacks and Ploughman’s on Sundays, between 12 – 2.30pm. She will be
trialling Sundays and if it’s successful will be here regularly. Own food
cannot be brought in, so we’re encouraging everyone to support the Club and
Danielle and enjoy some great food!
The garden is open during “bar opening hours” and it’s been lovely out there
lately. Plenty of room (with social distancing still applying of course).
Just a little cloud though (if it gets cold or rains we can only get 14 in
the main bar and 10 in the back bar. Over that number and you’ll have to go
home – sorry or bring a mac just in case!
Incidentally, the Committee decided that as Wednesday nights don’t receive
any support we’d be closing in future at 4pm and no evening bar. BUT we’re
opening 7.30pm – 11pm on Thursday evenings instead, so why not come along
and enjoy a friendly drink with other Members. Julie Stone will be your bar
person and she has had a long career with The Epsom Club. You’ll find her
friendly, professional and very helpful.
Gerry Booth is heading up SNOOKER and this can start now – provided the bar
is open. This is the information you need to play:
1. Play will be restricted to singles play ( 2 people playing ).
2. Sessions must be booked with the steward of the day providing name
and phone number.
3. Sessions will begin and end commensurate with the present bar
opening hours for that day.
4. Should anyone require a club cue, a sanitized cue may be obtained
from the steward.
5. Play can only be allowed when the club is open. It must be vacated
when the bar session is over.
6. A member may introduce one guest and be responsible for his or her
behaviour and their track and trace details.
7. Equipment should not be moved from table to table.
8. Anti-bacterial hand rub will be available for each table.
9. Social distancing must be observed at all times.
10. As cash is not being used at the club, members must bring their own
supply of cash to supply the light to their table.
11. Tables 1 & 2 are £1 meters, Table 3 is a 50p meter. The bar does not
currently hold cash so BYO.
12. Please sanitize with spray provided the wooden surround on the tables
and any equipment you use before leaving the table.
Your adherence to these requests will be greatly appreciated in these
difficult and unprecedented times.
Other changes are in the pipeline for accessing the Club and we’ll let you
know as and when other amendments are made. Of course, the Committee has a
duty of care to both staff and members to safeguard, as far as possible,
against Covid-19 and we are very conscious of those responsibilities. We
hope you will continue to support us in following the Safety Guidelines.
Be in touch again soon,
Take care, stay safe and best wishes to all,